Friday, October 25, 2013

Sent to bed early without dinner, because I am a dork!

Okay, so this is a weird one, even for me.  I sometimes take a muscle relaxer for some of the medical issues I face,  and Wednesday this week I ended up using one.  I only use them when I can't stand the symptoms anymore and I want to chew my own arm off. They are potent, so I only took a half but I still had to deal with the side effects of the pill: feeling quite loopy and groggy.  I also don't drink often, but my sweet husband had brought me a beer home from the store and it sounded good, so when he asked if I wanted it I said "Sure, thanks honey.  That sounds great!"  Now, before you begin mentally chastising me, the pill hadn't quite kicked in yet at that point, and we had both forgotten that I had taken it.  Still, I should have known better: it was truly dorky behavior.  Within an hour of drinking one beer I could hardly stand up and could NOT stop yawning.
 I was trying to make dinner when my husband noticed my zombie-like state.  He asked me if I was okay, then realized that I had drank alcohol and taken a muscle relaxer at pretty much the same time. He asked me
if I was okay to continue cooking, to which I replied "Yes, I think so."  At least that's what I thought I said.  Apparently he must've heard something different because a few minutes later I was told that I needed to go to bed.  I knew he was right, of course.  I was just trying to tough it out like I usually do.  There are lots of times that I am really exhausted or in a lot of pain and don't feel like cooking and cleaning, but I do my best anyway most of the time.  Plus, I loathe admitting to his face that he is right, especially because it happens so often (him being right).  I don't know why this is, it truly baffles me.  Frustrating, and to top it off, it is a frustration of my own making.  If only I didn't automatically want to do the opposite of everything he says!
 Anyway, I'm off topic now.  Going back to the point, I was sent to bed right then.  I didn't get any dinner because it wasn't ready yet, and I really wasn't that hungry so I didn't push the issue.  However, the indignity of being sent to bed at 6:45 without dinner rankled me a little bit.  Not the actuality of it, as I wanted nothing more than to go to bed, it was just the idea of my husband being the one to tell me that's what I was going to do.  So as I was getting to the stairs, my husband reminded me commanded me to not take sleeping pills.  I usually take them at night because I have a hard time getting to sleep and staying that way.  I kissed him goodnight and said "okay."  "What was that?" he asked, and I knew the answer he was looking for.  "Yes Sir," I replied.
So on I went upstairs to bed, and in a moment of defiance I ended up taking a half of a sleeping pill after laying in bed for 20 minutes.  A few minutes later my dear HOH, being the sweet man that he is, came up to check on me.  He saw that I was awake and lay next to me for a minute.  "You know why I had to send you up to bed, right?" He asked.  I nodded.  "And you aren't upset, right?" he added. I told him "No, just tired."  He kissed me goodnight again and left me to sleep.  I felt kind of guilty because I knew I shouldn't have disobeyed, but I really didn't want a spanking and/or lecture on top of what was already going on.
The next day I meant to tell him about the sleeping pill, (mostly) but "forgot", meaning I lost my courage each time I thought about it.  I wasn't afraid of him or of his reaction, I just hate admitting when I've done something monumentally stupid.
So today, Friday, I told him. I asked him to get his belt as I told him what I had done.  After he had already spanked me with the plastic brush.  I really didn't think about it until then, but I knew I had to tell.  He was understandably upset, and pointed out that it was dangerous, and I could have died in my sleep.  Those were things I knew, that I had been told by my neurologist too.
 I explained what I was thinking (or rather, not thinking) at the time and told him how sorry I was.  He understood, I think.  I could tell I had disappointed him in the way he swung the belt.  I didn't cry, surprisingly.  I usually end up in tears almost every time I get spanked, just due to the pain and the lack of control over the situation, but not today.  I was still very sorry for disobeying him though, and I will do my best to make him proud of me. 
Reading this, you might think I resent his involvement in overseeing my well-being, but I really don't.  I crave it.  At the time he's making me do something I don't want to do, or chastising, I don't like it.  But in the big picture it makes me feel loved and protected.  In fact if he didn't take care of me the way he does I would certainly think he stopped caring.  So thank you my wonderful husband, for being who you are so I can be who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment