Monday, October 28, 2013

My first "preemptive" spanking

The above picture is exactly how I was feeling when my husband told me to bend over the bed today.  I had just showered and was looking for clothes to wear while simultaneously picking up upstairs and doing laundry.  He had asked me what I was doing, and when I told him, his response was "Get on the bed, head down ass up."  "What?!" I asked,"I was just cleaning, and I wasn't trying to give you attitude!"  He never changes his mind once he thinks I need to be spanked, so I complied even though I thought it was totally unfair.  I heard him open the side table drawer, then some rummaging around.  Then, the first strike of the big wood paddle.  Frickin' ouch! That paddle is not my favorite, as it is almost an inch thick by 8 inches wide and 9 inches long, and it bruises almost every time he uses it.  I was in tears after the 5th or 6th swat.  It did hurt a lot, but I mostly cried because I felt like he was being unfair.  I didn't realize at the time that the
spanking (and lecture!) I was getting was to help remind me not to overwork myself and to save me from much worse physical discomfort.  I have a tendency to want everything spotless like right now, and I work hard and fast.  However, I have 3 kids, 3 cats and 2 dogs to keep up with.  And a joint and muscle disease that makes it really easy for me to injure myself without meaning to, just doing normal activity.  I never mean to go crazy with the cleaning, but I always always do if He doesn't stop me.  My wonderful husband knows very well how hard I push myself, so really he was taking care of me by stopping me from hurting myself. But at the time I didn't think of it that way.  I was thinking "Maybe if you'd help me more I wouldn't have to push myself so hard you big meanie!"  But of course, always being one to show me up he already had the kids doing their chores and he, too, had plans to work around the house.  So after he was done whoopin' me, and making me promise under threat of paddle not to over-do it, he re-assigned me to clean downstairs only and took over upstairs.  It wasn't until I began vacuuming and felt that cleaning bug take me over that I realized why he spanked me.  If he hadn't, I would probably have justified to myself "going the extra mile" with the housecleaning (because hey, it's got to get done sometime!)and ended up unable to move well for a couple days.  But my bottom was stinging and his words slowly sinking in, and in the end I decided to listen to the man that I trust because I asked him to be my HOH for a reason.  Besides the fact that it works on so many other levels, he tends to be much more practical where as I run on feelings.  So I got done only what I could without hurting myself,  so I could "live to clean another day."  Then came the hard part: admitting to my husband that he had been justified in what he did and thanking him for taking care of me.  Yep, I ate humble pie for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment